Saturday, November 20, 2010

Goodbye Forster. I love you.


I could live here and be very happy.
Everything I saw about Forster just made me like it more.  It’s not too big (25,000) though it swells with tourists during the winter.  But I could get over it. 
They have beautiful beaches with serene little coves and gently scalloped bays.  It’s unbelievably beguiling.
There are fenced areas of the ocean for swimmers (yes!) and they have a pool if you prefer chlorine to salt.  I’m guessing they purify with chlorine but I didn’t go there so don’t actually know for sure.  They have boardwalks through the municipal gardens with lots of benches, so you can bring a book and settle down in the cool shade for a read.  They have the most active  Rotary Club per capital in Australia.  And they have really nice people.
Thanks David and Sheryl for showing us around your lovely town.

No comments:

Post a Comment